Friday, March 11, 2011

The Coffee Stop that never was.

On Monday morning I was surprised at how fresh my legs felt after the first weekend of racing - Monday is normally my only full day off the bike. Mondays freshness soon dissipated as my training week progressed.

Friday is normally a relatively easy day on the bike in the recovery zone, I was particularly looking forward to this recovery spin after a mentally draining session yesterday. Yesterdays high wind and beating rain made the normally mundane tempo session (90mins 300 watts) a less than enjoyable experience.

The dream of a sipping coffee in my shorts and jersey was this morning crushed by the persistent rain. The spin instead turned into two hours of dripping wet misery.

Racing this weekend is the Newbridge GP, looking forward to it.

Here's to hoping for a drier weekend.