Thursday, May 5, 2011

Chilling out and doing some training

I took last weekend off racing and went down to the Slieve Bloom Challenge. Some great craic - the sportif lads are what I aspire to. They are riding their bikes for the reason we all started - FUN!. They don't mention zones, wattage or any of that other shit, they just ride their bikes with a smile on their faces, the way it should be.

Unfortunately, this week, I am back to all the 'shit' (zones, wattage etc) to finish off the Ras preparation. The big one is just under three weeks away so it's all systems go for another two weeks before a week of coffee shop rides.

My coach, Ric Stern (a top class man) has piled on the training these next two weeks so hopefully I'll make it to start line in Dunboyne.

I shall keep you abreast of developments.....